Full Exhibit of many finished and in-work projects on display:
The 2011 Make Magazine’s Award Finalist (The Makey’s) PanaVise Crank Modification
RepRap Group Project: A 3D Printer built from scratch
A Hand built CNC Router Machine
Hand built Off road bike
Odd & Interesting Tools and Items
The Vortex Air Cannon
A renaissance of vintage woodworking tools refurbished and ready for a new generation of use
An Interactive full size pinball machine project
Full scale four station T-shirt press
Rebuilding a kiln for metal casting
Plus Much More
- 11AM: DIY Electrolysis for Rust Removal: Restoring tools and one of a kind parts
- 12 NOON: Discussion of building of a four station T-shirt press
- 1 PM: Overview and Discussion of a Handmade CNC Router
- 2 PM: Overview and Discussion of the RepRap: A handbuilt 3D Radid Prototyping 3D Printer
- 3 PM: Introduction to Arduino
- 4 PM Special Guest Jason Scott, historian, archivist, and filmmaker. He is currently editing the “Two Hands Project”, a film about the trip and a crew of people willing to bounce around and crash with Makers and their hackerspaces all over the country.
With SPECIAL GUEST
Jason Scott, is an American archivist and historian of technology. He is the creator, owner and maintainer of textfiles.com, a web site
which archives files from historic bulletin board systems. He is also the creator of a 2005 documentary film about BBSes, "BBS: The
Documentary", and a 2010 documentary film about interactive fiction, "GET LAMP".
One of Jason's current projects is that he is currently editing the “Two Hands Project”, a film about the trip and a crew of people willing to bounce around and crash with Makers and their hackerspaces all over the country. Documenting the projects they make, and recording the change inducing social movement that’s spreading across the USA. Maker/Hackerspaces come in all sorts of packages and flavors, each with it’s own quirks. Figure out how they tick, what goes on in them, why they are important for the philosophical and economical reasons. This movie hopes to inspire people to start their own space, or at least build something awesome.
- Electrolysis for De-Rusting tools & car parts instead of grinding / sanding.
- Open Source Microcontrollers & Robotics using Arduino exhibits.
- Hand built 3D Printer / Rapid Prototype Printer demonstrations.
- Fully Functional CNC Router demonstrations.
- DIY Make Your Own T-Shirt Screener System.
- Repurposing Old technology for new uses.
- DIY Cheese making demonstration.
- Free Food and Drinks !
- Prizes and Giveaways
- Plus Much More ...